If you are interested in visiting Massia, please read all the info and confirm us you’re coming with the dates.
Prices in 2018 are 9 euro per night when your stay is longer than 4 nights and 10 euro when under 5 nights. 250 euro for one month and 225 euro if for several months. Plus for everybody a membership fee of 12 euro, valuable for 12 months and a form to sign that MASSIA is not liable for any damage done to you.
The village of Massiaru is located about 180 km from Tallinn, 140 km from Riga (Latvia) and about 470 km from St. Petersburg (Russia). It is reachable by bus and/or train from Tallinn, Riga and St. Petersburg. Detailed information on how to get there is available here: http://www.massia.ee/how-to-get-to-massia/
There’s also an option to order a car to pick you up from Ainazi which is 20km from Massiaru and costs 25€, from Salacgrīva which is 35km away and costs €35, from Pärnu which is 50km away and costs 50€, from Riga which is 158km away and cost 100€ or Tallinn which is 200km away and cost 140€ . To do so you have to contact us and see if somebody is available at least one day before your travel: +372 5982 3344 or email@example.com
MASSIA provides bedcover, sheets, pillow cover and towel.
There is Wifi.
Payment in cash upon arrival, or in the first days of your stay. Please remember to bring the right amount of cash as there is no ATM at walking distance. If no one is in the house you can pay by bank transfer. The nearest ATM is in Haademeeste at 15km.
MASSIA has 3 rules.
– Don’t leave traces (clean behind you in order to leave every square centimetre, that is not your private room, all the time available for everybody)
– Make it possible for others ( thought as to open up space(s) by showing a rehearsal or a movie, giving a lecture, starting a discussion or cleaning a corridor, or as to keep space(s) open by keeping them available and not occupied with traces from you)
– The do-er decides (things are decided by the one’s who do more than the ones who speak)
(Think them interrelated)
MASSIA has 3 principles.
1. Reversibility. The things in MASSIA ( whether they are objects, subjects or institutions/organisations) are there for you and you are there for the things as well. I.e. MASSIA or the coffee machine, the other or a corridor is there for you as much as you are there for MASSIA or the coffee machine, for the other or the corridor.
2. Exchange. Of whatever Knowledge, Machines, Expertise, Spaces, Times, Things
3. Liquidity. You are kindly invited to make fluid what is fixed, whether this concerns your mental (I am like this) or your material property.
If nobody is in at your arrival you can find the keys in a key lock box situated near the back door we use as entrance, where the pile of wood is. You will receive the code to open the box and get the keys before your arrival. A map of the building is displayed at the entrance in front of the stairs. Please find a bedroom you would like to sleep in and your sheets and towel in the comfort room. Further info on the functioning of the house is found in the kitchen (first floor), pinned on the wall board.
Sirje Ruusma is a lady, a kind neighbour, who lives next door and knows everything about the house. She takes care of the heating and most probably will pass by when she sees the light inside. In case there’s a problem, her nr. Is +372 523 4381 but she speaks only Estonian.
The mutual use of the available studios is discussed and negotiated between the colleagues when you are in MASSIA. The principles and rules are the guidelines for this.
When you leave. Do not forget to lock the door and to put the key back in the box! And make sure you did put off lights, gas, and machines.
We wish you a fruitful time in MASSIA.
Prices in 2018
10€ per night
9€ per night if staying more than 4 nights
250€ for one full month
225€ per month if for several months
Plus obligatory membership of Massia 12€ (valuable for 12 months) and form to be signed.
More information on how to get to Massia you can find here.